Monday, January 09, 2012

Antwort

I heard back this morning from the Volksbund.  Here is what the Herr Kirchmeier had to say:



Dear Regina,


thank you very much for the information about the tag. Please send us the
tag by post. We will try to identificate the soldier. Perhaps we can find
out where he is buried.


May I use your fotos for a little articel in our internet-site?


Mit freundlichen Grüßen


Fritz Kirchmeier
Pressereferent
Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgräberfürsorge e. V.
Bundesgeschäftsstelle
Pressereferat
Werner-Hilpert-Str. 2
34112 Kassel
Tel.: 05 61 - 70 09 - 1 39
Fax: 05 61 - 70 09 - 2 85
 
 
So, of course I emailed back right away and said I would be pleased to let them use the 'fotos' and asked if they would let me know if they found Joh. Brandl's grave or heirs.  Now I have to get off my duff and send the tag to them. 
 
What fun!

3 comments:

Dan Matyola said...

You are just a wonderful person to take all that time and effort for some one you never knew.

I hope that they can find out something about him, after all you have done.

I wish you a healthy, happy and prosperous new year, Regina.

Dan

Anonymous said...

"...try to identificate the soldier."

I didn't realize that George W. Bush was teaching English to the Germans.

moe99 said...

That's unkind to the Germans, don't you think?