Friday, November 19, 2004

This here's the south part 2

Well, in Lexington, Ky yesterday word came out that a trooper who was speeding down Harrodsburg Road at 81 mph w/o his lights flashing or siren running, and ran into a woman in another car, and did not apply his brakes, will not be charged with murder, negligent homicide, vehicular homicide or even some sort of assault or battery. No, he will be charged with speeding and pay the appropriate fines. It also appears that he had no grave emergency that he was responding to at the time of the crash. I bet the family of the young woman killed, feel mighty relieved by these findings.

More on Lexington cops later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate to quibble, but Kentucky isn't really part of the South. It was a border state and the Lexington part was probably Yankee. I think you are confusing your groups of inbred redneck hicks.

moe99 said...

Well, I only lived there for 5 years, so I could have been mistaken, but when I took my high school age kids back there last year and they couldn't figure out if there were any blacks that lived there because they still keep the races fairly well separated, I would tend to disagree......

Anonymous said...

Well, I grew up in Arkansas and Texas and we consider Kentucky to be Yankee country. Segregating minorities is hardly the only criteria. On the other hand, most people there consider Washington State to be Union territory. And as Arkansas people say about Oklahoma, So many sheep, so little time.

moe99 said...

it was the quickest most recent example I could come up with. However, there are more Lexington stories. How about the Iroquois Hunt Club, where you could not be a member unless you were born in Lexington? That was also rumored to be the case wrt the Lexington Country Club. A big banker who never made the membership, for whatever reason, built his home right across from the LCC.