Monday, November 23, 2009

Fleurs d'Automne

When I was a young, relcacitrant practiser of the piano, there were few composers that could really keep me riveted to my seat playing their compositions. Vladimir Rebikov was one of them. He was of the Russian romantic school at the turn of the last century if I recall correctly. I hope you enjoy these as much as I did.

Fleurs d'Automne

Rebikov's Dance of the Chinese puppets

Here's a little bit more about him from Wikipedia:

Vladimir Rebikov

Yesterday my caffinator friends from church came over and planted spring bulbs in my yard for my birthday and for something to look forward to. It was nice and they didn't complain too much about all the dog doo that someone had yet to pick up (oops).





Afterwards, A, had made a homemade NY cheesecake and we all shared in that--they with appetites honed by being outside, and me just grateful to have such good friends. It made for a welcome respite from the cold and grey outside.

Thank you all.

No comments: