Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Waiting Period

I've been asked by many if the test results are back from Denver yet, and the answer is no.  The tumor slides were finally received there last week and it usually takes 3 weeks for all the tests to be run.  So no news on that front yet.

The other news is that I met with an oncological surgeon today and will have the lump on my head removed surgically November 17th.  He thinks it is a tumor outgrowth  and recommended excising it.  Because it's a growth on the scalp, there's less give with that skin, so it will also require the services of a plastic surgeon.  I am meeting with him/her this coming Friday.  Then after the scalp bump is gone,  maybe next month we'll move to the one on my back.  Looks like I'll need one of those fascinator hats to  cover up the surgical incision site for a while.  How about this one?




 

5 comments:

Mellodee said...

If you have to cover a surgical site, why not do it in style! That hat has flair and would certainly give you a boost when you wear it!!

odp said...

Oh, absolutely! And my favorite color, too! I pray the waiting is successful, and they can get to the thing on your back soon!
o.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update

Anonymous said...

What a great hat! Prayers and best wishes about the Denver meeting. Bonnie

That gentleman's lady said...

hugs and keeping fingers crossed for the best of results for you.