Wednesday, August 04, 2010

End of life care

I had a wonderful time at my high school reunion and will write about it more when I have my computer back (my oldest son is back for his father's wedding this weekend and is sleeping in that room).

But in the meantime, I strongly recommend this article to you by Atul Gawande in the New Yorker.  And thanks to Nancy Nall and Jolene for pointing it out to me.  God, I hate Sarah Palin for her death panel remarks.  That ignorance is going to cost so many people their quality of life at the end of their lives.  Please, for your own sake, read the article.  Thank you.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Thank you for this, Regina. An amazing article. It's so hard for us to accept dying as part of the circle.

Anonymous said...

This was inspiring, important and more about the meaning of life and death than anything I have ever read. Sarah Palin and the rest of them are SO FAR OFF BASE. Thank you for bringing the article to our attention.