Friday, October 01, 2004

more debate comments

Geo W is famous for his wordsmithing. Hence the title of this blog. Last night, he made a couple that are worth mentioning because it shows something about the way his mind works. And in fact I would argue that deep down, his subconscious is warring with his conscious mind over all the lies and deceit he's engaged in over the years, and it's showing up in his speech. Not that his history of drinking and drug use would have anything to do with it either, but there you go.

The first one, is one that I cannot find in the transcripts and I think it's because someone's spell checker corrected it, but at some point Bush misspoke and said "mexed missages." Now when he mixes the words trying to convey that his opponent sends out mixed messages, somehow I think he's unconsciously saying that this is in fact a lie.

The other one is more fun, simply because this phrase came up over Labor Day weekend in a speech where he was talking about medical malpractice and how OB-Gyns could not find insurance (which is a debatable point in and of itself). At any rate here is the quote:

BUSH: You know, every life is precious. Every life matters. You know, my hardest -- the hardest part of the job is to know that I committed the troops in harm's way and then do the best I can to provide comfort for the loved ones who lost a son or a daughter or a husband or wife.
You know, I think about Missy Johnson. She's a fantastic lady I met in Charlotte, North Carolina. She and her son Bryan, they came to see me. Her husband PJ got killed. He'd been in Afghanistan, went to Iraq.
You know, it's hard work to try to love her as best as I can, knowing full well that the decision I made caused her loved one to be in harm's way.



http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/nm/20040907/od_nm/odd_bush_dc

Nice work George. Hope Missy wasn't wearing a blue dress.

No comments: